Couples for Christ is a united global charismatic community of family evangelizers that sets the world on fire with the fullness of God’s transforming love. Husbands and wives commit to work tirelessly for the renewal of families that will serve God and build generations of Christian leaders and pursue total Christian liberation through social justice, respect for life, and work with the poor.
Rooted in the Sacraments, members strive to build the church of the home and the church of the poor through our family ministries, advocacies, and programs. Couples are also invited to build community with other couples in the area by joining “household groups” that meet regularly for times of prayer and fellowship. Conferences and other diocesan-wide events also make it possible for couples to build a network with other like-minded people within the diocese.
Building the Church of the home,
Building the Church of the poor.
Families in the Holy Spirit renewing the face of the Earth.
WHAT IS COUPLES FOR CHRIST?
Couples for Christ or CFC is a Catholic, parish based family life renewal ministry composed of Christian couples who have committed themselves to the Lord and to one another, so that they may grow together into maturity as men and women of God and fulfill their primary vocation of raising up their families under the Lordship of Jesus Christ and in the service of God’s kingdom.
HOW DOES CFC INTEND TO WORK FOR CHRISTIAN FAMILY RENEWAL?
CFC intends to carry out its work by focusing on three specific objectives:
- Individual renewal. Before one can even consider the whole family, the husband and wife first need to renew their commitment to God.
- Family renewal. As couples renew their commitment to God, they also renew their commitment to one another and to their Christian family life. Gradually, the new life that they find in the Lord filters down to all their family relationship.
- Church renewal. As individual families are renewed, they form a network of equally committed Christian families, which not only support one another, but also strengthen the Church of which they are members.
COUPLES FOR CHRIST AND ITS FAMILY MINISTRIES and ANCOP
COUPLES FOR CHRIST (CFC) is a parish-based marriage and family renewal ministry. Its family ministries include:
- CFC Kids for Christ (CFC-KFC), a special ministry for our younger kids ages 3-12. This ministry introduces God very early to our children.
- CFC - Youth for Christ a ministry for youth ages 12 -21. The need for families to continue their children's spiritual journey
after Confirmation is the pastoral aim of
- The CFC Singles for Christ (CFC-SFC) is a ministry for single people, who have already finished their schooling, are basically living on their own, and are in the process of choosing a state of life: marriage or remaining single for the Lord.
- The CFC Handmaids of the Lord (CFC-HOLD) is a renewal and support ministry for single women (single parents, separated or divorced women, unmarried mature singles), for married women (whose husbands are working abroad, physically incapacitated or momentarily uninterested in any religious community) and for widows – at the parish setting.
- The CFC Servants of the Lord (CFC-SOLD) is the CFC-HOLD counterpart renewal support ministry for single men (single parents, separated or divorced men, unmarried mature singles), for married men (whose wives are not able to attend the CLP together with them for one reason or another) and for widowers - also in the parish setting.
- ANCOP's mission is to answer the cry of the poor through child education, community development, and humanitarian relief. As a CFC ministry, members are enjoined to do this work with the help of dedicated volunteers, partners, and the Holy Spirit. ANCOP is called to alleviate the destitution of the poor in the Philippines, Ghana, India, Kenya, and Nigeria.